Tuesday, June 16, 2009

That's soooooooo 1995...


I don't really know why I keep this blog. I guess I think I will get all excited about it again someday and start writing. But as it looks right now, I'm so extremely busy that my nights of having a glass of wine and writing in my blog are gone. Now the world of Twitter and Facebook has made my ADD life quite fulfilling. You don't even need to advertise yourself or read other peoples blogs... You just post a 140 characters of shit and people respond. Haha... Nice and Easy - just like the hair dye.


Actually I'm more into Manic Panic... I know. It's so 1995 of me, but that shit is cool! It's supposedly all natural and only takes 15mins to die your hair. So I get my green tips in no time flat!! Yup - I have green hair now. It sounds gross but it's totally cool!! Sometimes I feel like my hair is like grass or looks like my half dying bamboo in my house. And sometimes if my hair is curled and flowing, it looks like I'm a mermaid with seaweed for hair... Haha... Someone said that to me. I would never call myself a mermaid. That would be egotistical. If I thought I were a mermaid that means, not only would I think I was beautiful, with big breasts and a fancy/sparkly tail, I would think that I'm a fucking mermaid and that is crazy.

Anyway, I know I don't have any followers anymore on this thing but I decided a while back I don't give a shit. I'm writing for myself now so there is no pressure... Which is good because I've got some mad pressure centers coming my way. Of course there is music. Not only am I in The Predicates, I have joined a side band, Recordable Colors (that I may have mentioned in previous posts) and have started singing and playing bass for Itai Faierman. All of them are super fun and very different sounding which is wonderful for me because it spices things up while they all make me grow as a musician. Fun stuff. Make sure to check out a show. You can see my show schedule on my solo page. :)


Then I have my clothing company, Nuclear Clothing, that has kind of been on hiatus this year but I plan on making more stuff, doing more runway shows and will start putting my clothes into local boutiques. Last but not least, a couple of my friends and I have decided to start putting on events supporting local music, art, food and entrepreneurs so we can make something bigger and better as a community so people will take notice. IndieGo Park has already done a couple of events and they have been hugely successful... Our next one is at the Casbah on August 30th so make sure you make it out to this fun and FREE event. We are hoping to make this one as epic as the last one!!

So in closing, I may not be a super-blogger-machine-maker but I have some things in the oven that are sure to beat that hot pocket in your microwave. You guys are wonderful supportive pumpkins and I can't even believe you read this whole entry. It's way too long for the FaceBook/Twitter conditioned...

ADD in the hiz-ous!!!

Erica AP

6 comments:

M@ said...

I never stopped blogging. Even w/ the death threats. :)

Erica AP said...

M@: That's because you are a hardcore blogger!!

Phronk said...

Yeah I don't give a shit if blogging is dying. It's fun. And with your life being all awesome, I hope you keep it up (again) too.

Dude, green hair could so easily go wrong, but it looks great on you. I think it's the tan. Being really hot probably helps too.

Erica AP said...

Phronk: My life isn't THAT awesome. It's pretty much like everyone else... :) And thank you... I was hoping I wouldn't end up looking like a witch. Haha...

Around My Kitchen Table said...

I've been a rather intermittent blogger of late - real life taking up way too much of my time and energy! Now I'm back, there's all this stuff about "followers" etc which I haven't got into. If blogging is dying now, it'll come to life again. Life is a circle, not a straight line.

Erica AP said...

Kitchen Table: Hallelujah for straight lines!! :) I don't know anything about the follower thing either. Haha...