Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Whine and Cheese


I'm supposed to be working but I'm distracted. I'm supposed to be productive but I'm distracted. A little bit of work for money, a little bit of work for me. The work for me is overwhelming and requires more time than what I have to give. I feel myself pulling myself in all different directions but knowing in the back of my head that this is what I want. I've learned to put stress on a back burner but lately the stress is coming from areas in my life that are important and in turn is motivating me. My mind feels cluttered just writing about it.

I'm also feeling frustrated. I'm frustrated at cliques and who's cool and who's not. I'm frustrated that as adults, we still feel the need to be like this. It's frustrating that people who you think are friends, wouldn't want to work together to make something bigger than ourselves. I'm frustrated at peoples lack of respect, so much as they can't even acknowledge or respond to a simple email.

A new venture. Because of today, I'm not so sure I want to venture. My mind is overtly cluttered and there is not much more room for this kind of frustration. So maybe it will have to go on a back burner for a while. Which is ok because lets face it... I'm only one person and I can only whine for so long. So, so long to the whine and bring on the cheese. DONE!!

9 comments:

Ryan said...

If you are going to have some cheese you should get some crackers too. Be careful though. There are a lot of crazy ass crackers running around out there.

Erica AP said...

I love crackers... And crazy asses... And cheese... And running... I'm lying. I hate running.

Jay said...

I refer to my vast fortune as "the cheese," so I can only assume phase 2 of your plan involves amassing wealth. Way better than running if you ask me.

Erica AP said...

Calling my vast fortune "the cheese" sounds like a good plan. Waaaaaaay better than running. :)

M@ said...

Erica AP,

I need some comments on my new group blog: http://www.whyihatedc.blogspot.com.

I know, shameless.

Phronk said...

I refer to my vast collection of cheese slices as "the cheese", and they are all very tasty and inexpensive and go good on sandwiches.

CarmenSinCity said...

Have a happy new year girlfriend and be safe!

Captain Smack said...

Hey, Hotstuff. Just thought I'd drop in to see if you were around. Hope you are doing well.

Geez, I feel like I'm talking to an answering machine...

Erica AP said...

M@: You were always a shameless fellow.

Phronk: I'm glad you enjoy cheese so much. And I'm glad we are twitter buddies. :)

Carmen: You too!! I hope you have a wonderful new year!!

Captain Smack: I didn't know you were still blogging. Did you take a year off? Damn... And I'm getting shit for not blogging since Nov?? ;)