Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Monkey see, monkey do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I think I can take a breath now. Holy shit, have I been busy. I have my first runway show for my clothing company on Friday and I'm still making clothes. It really is like Project Runway, where you are literally making and altering clothes till the night of the show. Crazy and stressful but awesome all at the same time. I can't wait. And of course I'm still doing Predicates shit, but I've also joined another side band, and it's pretty cool. Much different than the Preds, but very good too. New stuff is always fun. And I finished my solo album and am just trying to get the money to get it pressed. So many things in the works... I hope I'm not spreading myself too thin. I don't really feel like it, but I feel a little ADD sometimes. One day I'll be super motivated about one project and another day I'll be pumped about another one. Maybe that's my way of distributing my energy. We'll see if it works.

And through all these projects I still need to work a 40 hour job and make time for friends, family and myself... I'm getting good at this scheduling thing. :) Although owning your business has it's stresses. I'm not talking about money because I'm not really making a profit yet but I've realized how hard it is to rely on other people. Even the people that you thought cared. I learned this when I worked for this awful purse designer a while back. She would work, day and night, on her company and then give me a guilt trip about not caring as much as her. Of course I don't care as much as her. It's not my company, she paid me crap and had absolutely no respect for me. That a sure fire way to get an employee to not care. I can't wait to have employees because I know exactly what NOT to do. Even if I don't do everything right, I know I will never treat anyone the way she treated me.

So 12am on a Tuesday night, I just made 2 skirts and I feel like I have the energy to write in this blog. I must be doing something right...

But I'm still feeling a little guilty that this blog is not so funny anymore... Maybe I just haven't hit my elbow in a while? Get it?? Funny bone? Haha... God, I'm a dork.

Here's a funny tid-bit... There was a crazy naked man running around my back patio last night like a caged monkey. For real... I'm not fucking kidding. It was extremely bizarre and as time passes it gets more and more amusing...

Alright. That's all I got, my sexy things. I love and miss all 3 of you and hope you are living large. :)

Getting it on - one leg at a time.. (What???)
Erica AP

P.S. I was just looking for pictures of monkeys and I'm pretty sure a monkey will be my next pet. That's not weird to have a monkey instead of a kid, is it??

14 comments:

Travis said...

Dude.

You're Rad.

I envy you radness.

Erica AP said...

Travis: Thank you but I highly doubt that I'm as rad as you are. :) You almost lost your job because of freedom of speech. It doesn't really get much more hard core than that. :)

Jay said...

Travis is pretty hard core. That's true. But you totally rock Erica! ;-)

CarmenSinCity said...

I didn't know you had your own clothing line - I love you even more now. You rock. I love fashion. Make sure to post some pictures for us.

Phronk said...

Your life does sound pretty rad. Are you gonna post links to hear/buy music from your many many bands and solo projects? Because that would be rad.

And like, who needs funny when you've got rad?

Rad.

Erica AP said...

Jay: Thanks! I love rocks. :)

Carmen: Well, it's been a slow process because I don't have any backing funds for my company but hopefully it will take off soon. :)

Phronk: There are links on my side bar to myspace where you can download The Predicates stuff and listen to my solo stuff. My new band doesn't even have a name yet but when it does I'll put up a link. :)

James B. said...

Hey! You scratched me from your blogroll. My feelings are hurt.

At any rate, does Heidi Klum hang out as you prepare for your runway show? If so, I'd like a ticket to attend, please.

BTW, my address has changed. New site: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/burnettiquette

Travis said...

Erica, is there a website for your clothing? Will your apartment be filled with scantily clad women? can i come over?

Erica AP said...

James: I'm sorry!! I hardly read any blogs lately... When I have time to update I'll put up your new one. :)

Travis: You are only like, the 20th guy to ask me that. Haha... All my guy friends asked me if they could watch the fittings... But because I'm a respectable professional I said no. :) My website is on my side bar: nuclearclothing.com

M@ said...

Erica Advanced Placement,

With all of these projects, it's a wonder you have time to have sex with me, much less take pictures of monkeys.

Erica AP said...

Matt: Taking pictures is my hobby and I have to make time for it or National Geographic will get mad at me for not making my deadline... And I don't know what kind of sex we are having because I've never even been to DC... Are you sure you aren't having sex with one of my monkey photos??

velvet said...

You're not weird. If I'd have known what having kids was like, I'd have opted for the monkey, too.

Glad to hear that you've got some cool things to keep you very busy.

Diesel said...

Wow, that's exciting. Good luck!

Heather said...

Whoa, that is a LOT of busy-ness. So, um, funny you mention the monkey vs. kid thing -- because just the other night, did ya see? They had a show called "The Outsiders" -- kinda like a documentary and the people on there have monkeys instead of kids, and treat them like they would their children, and dress them up and such. Looked pretty amusing but unfortunately I missed it!
Anyways......good luck with all the fashion shiz!