Sunday, March 30, 2008

Everyone's got a bit of crazy eyes, right??


Sometimes I get in a place in my head that refuses to let me get out. I feel like I want to do something that is productive but instead I just sit and watch tv. Fuck tv. No- wait - I love tv but I don't like how it wastes half hour after half hour. Just because things aren't exactly the way you want them to be doesn't mean that life is shitty. It just mean you need to take a night off from trying to force something. Forcing anything in life is meaningless and fake. When I feel like I'm forcing something I feel uncomfortable and in turn make other people feel uncomfortable. My best bet is to just fucking chill out, take a deep breath and let time deal with it. Then I think how much easier it would be to be a hermit in the mountains of Vermont but then I remember that we as humans are social by nature and need to be around and communicate with others. But, damn, life is so much easier when you can just talk to yourself and your dog. Your dog understands everything. Even if he doesn't he, we think he does and that's all that matters. We are just trying to stay sane. Sane is a strange feature of life. I've lately come in contact with some not so sane actions and I'm not sure if I'm just being a fuddy-duddy or if I'm being logical like Dr. Spock, but I have an opinion about it and it's not very friend friendly. That makes me feel like a bad friend. But really, when someone goes a bit crazy there is not much I can do. I can tell them I'm worried and that's about it. I think the only crazy I can handle is my pup, because if you look at my flickr pictures you can see he's got the crazy eyes... I don't think I can handle the crazy eyes in a friend. So I say, ok.... and I have a glass of wine and let life churn around and around while I sit at my computer searching for something thats a little more sane than me... or my friend...

Saner than my dog,
EAP

12 comments:

Natalie said...

It seems as though your life is running a bit parallel to mine lately - I had a bit of crazy to deal with this weekend too. Except in my case, the case was most definitely not coming from a friend...

Erica AP said...

Natalie: That sucks... I hope you are ok. There is also another person in my life going through the crazy thing, right now but this person is not so nice. A little bit mean, actually, which is scary to see in a slightly crazy person. :)

M@ said...

So that's what it's like to be a typical woman.

Mr. Bud said...

If that's a typical wom...

Just a sec,
got to have a look see down under.. gender check.

Either I have a 'growth' or I be thinkin' like a woman, cause i'm dealing with crazy's too.

ms. ap. typical?!?
dang, erica, aren't you special.

Erica AP said...

Matt: You are just jealous that after you have a glass of wine you can't ramble with the best of them... The best of them, being woman. High five???

Mr. Bud: I swear you don't have to be a woman to deal with the crazies... And thank you. I feel special. :)

Phronk said...

So true...time and dogs make everything better.

I hope the crazy friend situation works itself out. Remember, Spock might annoy the crazy humans, but he's usually right.

The Diva's Thoughts said...

That's why dogs are the best.

The Boob Lady said...

Miss you lady!!!!!!!! xoxo

Steph said...

Why do you have to be sane? Sane is boring. Sane people respond to other people by running off into the forests of Vermont to be a hermit and I'm not sure which would be worse about that situation: being in the fucking cold, cold, snow in the winter or not being able to watch some mom beat the hell out of her kid at a suburban mall. I mean really, it's a draw.

Anyway. I am sorry that you are feeling like crazy isn't working for you, but honestly? I think it works very well for you. I mean, it makes you interesting and so very un-boring, no?

Heather said...

I agree about sane being boring.

But,

I am giving you the crazy eyes right now...

hahaha

The OE said...

Covert operatives are more likely to prosper than live long

Erica AP said...

Phronk: So true. Spock should be president, really...

Diva: I know!! Pups never talk back and like to cuddle! :)

Boob Lady: I miss you too! Where have you been?

Steph: I think that the mom's beat their bratty kids even in the mountains of Vermont. :) So I decided to go to Aruba instead. Haha...

Heather: haha... Crazy eyes are scary! Don't make me hide under my bed!! :)

The oe: You are very deep and insightful. ;)