Friday, February 22, 2008

Not funny but you can laugh if you want to. I'll be crying though...


And it’s raining, but it’s not really rain. It’s more like a mist that moves from left to right while drifting down almost like a snow flurry. A flurry of water that’s so soft and so gentle that is makes you wonder why people hate it. Maybe because we are supposed to be dry by nature and those little particles put such a fine mist on us that when it gets us wet we are surprised and simply wet. Or maybe some people hate it because it ruins their hair and make up. Or there suede shoes get spoiled. Or they get cold. I have no problem with rain or mist. I like how it settles on my hair in tiny droplets and only soaks in when there is a combination of too many droplets, or if I touch it. I like it when my hair gets too saturated with rain, a tiny river of water runs down my face so that I have to wipe it away. I like watching my puppy run through the puddles only to find that he splashed water all over himself. I like to see him shake it off because he hates being wet. And when he shakes, it looks as if his legs aren’t even touching the ground. That is some mighty force that makes him shake so ferociously. We as humans don’t have the capacity to engage in such a distain of rain. Our brains and body feel it, but all we can do is speak about it. Or if you will, complain about it. Over and over… Every person you run into… Complains about the rain. Maybe you should just shake instead. I’m pretty sure a shaking ass would cure your rainy blues. Because it sure as hell cured mine.

11 comments:

Jay said...

I bet you really rock the "wet look!"

I like to play in the rain. It's great to get out and go places when it's raining cause the crowds will be smaller.

Erica AP said...

Jay: You are right. I own the "wet look" like it was 1985 again. Hells yeah!

M@ said...

Our bodies are comprised 70% of water, Erica AP. I sat for a while beneath a tree in the freezing rain here today. It was nice.

morbid misanthrope said...

I enjoy the rain quite a bit. It’s a nice contrast to my sunny disposition.

James Burnett said...

You know the rainy misty thing moved me, but all I remember for some strange reason are the words "shaking ass." Hmmm.

It rained so much here in Miami last week that I had to scoop water out of my pond to keep my fish from floating away. Seriously. That's too much rain.

Diesel said...

Happy Inappropriate Card Day, Erica!

Erica AP said...

M@: I done learnt about us being water back in the day... And freezing rain?? Not so much. ;)

Morbid Misanthrope: Was that a pun or fictitious comment??? :)

James: Haha... I gotta throw in a bit of ass shaking once and a while. Yeah - Florida gets tons of rain. We get none here so when it does rain it's pretty awesome.

Diesel: Happy IC Day to you too!! Hummm... IC - Maybe I should type that out. It's not really a happy day when you go to the IC...

The Diva's Thoughts said...

I hate the rain because it ruins my hair big time. I hate that.

Erica AP said...

Diva: Haha... I know - If I'm going out for the night I don't really want it to rain. :)

Phronk said...

I love rain. I love that smell in the air right before it rains. There's nothing better than sitting on a porch during a good thunder storm.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful writing Erica.
Matt