Monday, November 26, 2007

Retirement is for...


Holy shit guys!! I'm trying to respond your comments and it's asking me for some lame password that I'm pretty sure is going to figure out my password for my bank account and steal all my $40 I have for the week. Bastards!!! ALL of them!!! '

I don't really know who I'm calling a bastard. I just love calling everything a bastard. See how many times I've written the word, "bastard" in the last couple of sentences??? Exactly. You know what I'm talkin' bout.

So now that there is no pressure to write it's a lot more fun, and it's not just because I'm drinking. Just kidding!!!! We all know I don't have to drink to write. What kind of person would I be if I couldn't be creative without the aid of sake??? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... A lame one?

Ummmm... so, how was your Thanksgiving??? Good, you spent it with family, friends or alone?? Cool. Glad you had a good time. Me too. The ultimate best thing about Thanksgiving is the time off from work. I've decided that working is lame-o and I best not be doing it sometime in the future. Hopefully before I'm 63. That's a hell of a lot of years wishing I could retire.

I'm sorry, what??? Did you say something? What?? Invest?? I'm sorry I don't comprehend.

So I just decided to make my dog a snow dog because at least he can work and pay for some bills. You know? Once your kids get older you need to make them start working. Back when I was little I used to work in the sweatshops of Nebraska. That's right... It's the puppies time to bring in the dough...

Next year he will be buying the Turkey for Thanksgiving. That free loadin' bastard!!! Haha... Just kidding!!! I love my pup and as much as it would benefit our home base I would rather feed him turkey than make him go into the cold snow because you know... He gets cold and shit. He's a wussy just like his Mum.

So happy holidays from Nebraska, I mean, San Diego. Good will and candy for everyone!!! Where's my fucking star to put on the top of the tree??

Erica & Stow

21 comments:

M@ said...

Erica AP, OMG!

Jay said...

Hey I really was in Nebraska for Thanksgiving. And it really did snow there. Shit it was cold too!

Putting the dog to work is a pretty good idea. If that works out maybe you can get another one and put him to work too. Kind of like how some people buy rental properties. But rental properties won't fetch a stick, so dogs are better.

Yeah, that made a lot of sense. LOL

The Diva's Thoughts said...

Have a great holiday girlie!

qofd said...

YEAH ERICA! I knew you couldn't stay in retirement long. I swear that swearing off the blog actually inspires me to write more too. Like it takes the pressure off.

Ok, swearing off the blog and red wine inspire me to write more.

Ryan said...

You're fiesty with a little turkey in you.

Erica AP said...

Matt: You always did have a way with words...

Jay: No way! Nebraska is taking a lead into my destination vacation!! Just kidding... I can't deal with the cold. And it's ok to not make sense... Every time I write an entry I have to read it twice so that it's slightly comprehendable. So yes - dogs are like rental properties. Haha...

Diva: Thanks sweetie!! You too!

QofD: The only difference between us is that I get inspired by white wine... White wine and disco music.

Ryan: Are you being dirty? Feisty and dirty???

Tammie Jean said...

Yes!!! It's Erica! Nice to see you back!

And I agree - working is lame-o. There are sooooo many better things I could be doing...

velvet said...

Mmmmmm, sake.

Sorry, I got distracted there. Glad to hear that T-Day was good your way!

Jilly O. said...

Whenever I take off for a few days, I start dreaming about retiring (or...ummm...just quitting and never coming back)? Yeah, whichever one. :)

Eric said...

As the clock turns to 7(in the AM), and I take a break from writing what should be deemed "the longest research paper to ever be written(and proofread, twice!)...in sleepless stupor," I come to find that you, like me, are a "quitter."

A "quitter" often becomes bored/uninterested with a variety of activities considered hobbies. Said personage, fatigued only by their poor endurance, "quits."

After a short rummage through the newly unfettered closet, the "quitter" quickly becomes, again, "too busy" to deal with his or her "quitter"-esque qualities...and, inevitably, quits "quitting."

"What the fuck is he talking about?" I'm not sure, really. But what I am sure about, is that I've stumbled upon a characteristic not yet looked for by analytical psychologists.

But seriously, my delirious lack of sleep/inability to leave a normal comment is always soothed by your posts... which are the shiznit, especially when you're drunk.

p.s. I don't think you're a quitter. I was really just describing myself, since I,too, had "retired" from blogging, only to come back a few weeks later.

Erica AP said...

Tammie: So true! Who has time for work when there is living that's needed to be done?? :)

Velvet: Sake is way good. Ever try plum sake? Sooooooooo good. :)

Jilly: Yeah - retiring would be sweet. Especially in our young age. We could do so much more physically than when we are 60? Right?

Eric: I'm glad you gave this whole "quitting" thing some thought because my brain was confused by my decision to quit blogging but now that you have brought some insight to it, I think I can live a peaceful and happy life. And I'm glad you like my posts when I'm drinking. Drinking is fun. Haha... And where can I find a link to you blog??

Diesel said...

I retired once. It didn't take.

love bites said...

Erica,

Do you still want to be reviewed? Let us know.

Erica AP said...

Diesel: Maybe you should try it again? 3rd times a charm, right??

Love Bites: Sure!! I don't write that much any more but if you feel like by all means, rip me to shreds. :)

Heather said...

This post cracked me up! And I agree with ya on the investing. What? That's not in my vocab.

Cicero said...

Wow.

Phronk said...

My dog sells her body for jerky treats.

Diesel said...

Merry Christmas, Erica!

morbid misanthrope said...

Did you know a Hungry Man frozen turkey dinner is just as appropriate for Christmas as it is for Thanksgiving? Try not to envy me too much; I've worked very hard to live so well. Merry Christmas.

Erica AP said...

Heather: I know!! Why can't we just live everyday thinking we will someday be rich and not have to worry about saving money for our retirement??? Why?!?!? :)

Cicero: Thanks????

Phronk: Are you her pimp then??

Diesel: Thanks!! You too!

Morbid Misanthrope: You know that might have been better than what I ate for Christmas dinner... A pot pie at an English Pub... I'm so full of Christmas spirit it hurts. Happy Holidays to you too. :)

Eric said...

Yo.