Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Rock Star Syndrome


Hello my little pumpkins...

No, I haven't been eaten by the blogging fairies, I've just merely been busy and have decided long ago I don't want this thing to feel like a job. But just in case I do get eaten by the blogger fairies QofD knows the wonders that they hold and may be able to get in touch with them if I do go missing for too long.

So now that my excuse is out of the way... ON WITH THE POST!!! (I imagine saying that on a horse in the wild west, with a red prairie dress and an awesome gun holster strapped to my thigh - ooooh... it starting to sound like one of my favorite movies, Romancing the Stone.)

So I went to this show in town and I didn't know any of the bands. That was fine, but what made it so cool was that one of my favorite local artist was there hanging out with his friends. I've been to his shows and talked to him a bit but wouldn't you know it, my fucking 13 year old self came out and decided it was ok to just stand around him but never introduce myself. I just watch like a weird stalker and tried to muster up the courage to talk to him all night. I'm such a freaking looser sometimes. I mean, how hard is it to go up to a person and say, "Hey, will you have my babies?" Haha... (I'm actually laughing out loud) Ok - so maybe I just wanted to say, "Remember me? I shook your hand after one of your shows..." and of course he would be like, "Oh, yeah!! You're the one who shook my hand with MEANING. I remember. So what are you doing on Friday?" Haha.... (I'm totally laughing out loud again because I think I'm sooooo funny) So, what is the deal with rock stars anyway? What makes them so god damn cool that even a 13 year old girl like me can't even say hi? It's like they have this super-duper force field around them of girlfriends and rock star buddies that surround them like Britney Spears' sexy body guards.

So I came to the end of the night with the sad realization that if it doesn't happen, it wasn't meant to be. I'm not going to force a San Diego rock star to talk to me just so I can brag to my friends that we are now dating. (Obviously if you talk to a rock star then you are dating them) So I left the club sad and sappy like Herbie (Gregg's dog) but I stand tall when I say, "I stood behind the coolest musician in SD."

So, I'll just go on in my little, un-famous life and dream of all the babies - I mean, dogs - we could have together while we tour the world in a luxury tour bus with our own Mariachi band that sings us to sleep every night.

La, la, la, la....

Nighty-night,

Erica AP

(Oh - and I would put a link to his website but just in case we start dating, I don't ever want him to read this and know I was talking about him. Haha... I love living in the fantasy world of wine and blogging)

19 comments:

Julianne B said...

k... you just cleared up the mystery as to why your friends with Gregg.... You right just like him...

Julianne B said...

right is susspsoed to be write... yes my spelling sucks... I am aware

QofD said...

Erica, if he didn't feel the powerful and magnetizing force that is Erica Putis then he's too much of a loser for you anyway.

Personally, I wouldn't marry any guy or have his babies unless he was so overwhelmed with my me-ness that he showed up for the first date with gifts like a diamond-encrusted Porsche or at least a really good Sara Lee snack cake.

You deserve the best!

Gregg O'Connell said...

E-Pu: www.greglaswell.com says hi!

oh ya and I AM THE COOLEST RAWKSTAR IN SAN DIEGO!

Erica AP said...

Julianne: We do?? Please tell me I have better grammar then than him though... Pleeeeeease. :)

QofD: You are so right. I actually asked him if I could have a bite of his biscotti but he said no!!! The nerve!!

Gregg: If I was standing behind you all night I would have easily taunted you like your big brother used to do. Ear flicks galore!

Julianne B said...

oh yeah.. your grammer is better...

Gregg O'Connell said...

erica: no you would've thrown me outside in my underwear in the cold :(

Erica AP said...

Julianne: Thank you very much - Now I can sleep at night.

Gregg: That's what Emily should do to get you to do stuff around the house other than playing video games. Oh-Snap!!!

James Burnett said...

Next time you go to one of his shows, wear groupie gear - a t-shirt with his band's name on it, and have your phone number shaved in the back of your head. He'll notice you.

Erica AP said...

James: That's not exactly the attention I'm seeking but I see no reason not to do it anyways. Most guys like phone numbers shaved into girls heads, right??

Steven Novak said...

I want a super-duper force field... :(

I feel super-duper jipped. ;)

Steve~

Erica AP said...

Steve: I think you just like saying "super-duper" Which is fine with me - just don't say you made it up first, because I made up that saying when I was 8 years old. I copywrited it too.

Dan said...

I imagine saying that on a horse in the wild west, with a red prairie dress and an awesome gun holster strapped to my thigh

Yummy. :)

And don't be tough on yourself. It really is hard to walk up to someone and say "Hey, will you have my babies" especially if you are a woman ... which is what you are. Guys really don't like to have women's babies for them.

You must be strong. :)

Erica AP said...

Dan: You are right! I am a woman!!! But I don't really want to have babies... It's just a great pick up line. Haha...

QofD said...

Please tell me you have plans in the works to begin stalking him and changing your last name to his asap. Men love creepy women. ;)

russkal said...

Ahh... the "rockstar" syndrome.

I have "ahem" experienced it first-hand when I was a vocalist in a grunge band in the 90s.

Girls following us to the food court (after performing in a mall), crashing our parties and groupies waiting at the lobby during our very first album recording.

That was almost 10 years ago. Unfortunately, my band disbanded prematurely (during the launching of our first single) and I have grown a beer belly.

I wonder if I still have the force-field though...

Erica AP said...

QofD: I know men love creepy women - that's why I have many first dates only... Haha... Just kidding. I don't date. Boys are gross.

Ruskall: Wow!! I can't believe I'm talking to a real life rockstar! Where you like a boy band? I'm sure you still have the force field. All you need is the stage to bring it out. :)

russkal said...

Actually we were more of "the pearl jam/nirvana/stone temple pilots-sounding kind of band"

You know... the kind of band that doesn't comb their hair and rarely take a bath.

Looking back, Yech!

Erica AP said...

Wow - a cool rockstar!! The ones who don't bathe are always the cool ones. Haha...