Monday, December 11, 2006

Tagga-licious


So - It's been done. It's undeniable. I've been tagged.

Because I've just engaged myself in the whole blogging world, I had no idea what that meant and was slightly afraid it was something dirty. And I'll have you know - I'm just not that kind of girl. ;) (I'm winking with punctuation - like the symbols are my alter ego - How do you roll your eyes with punctuation?) But soon enough I found out it's a little bit like those damn emails that people send you where if you don't make a wish to save all the little children in Africa and send the email to 28 people you will die in your sleep in the next 10 to 15 days depending on how many people you forward it to. Soooooo, I'm not really into that shit and I hate feeling obligated to pass such things on. Sure, I might partake in the wish making but I just don't feel right about passing on a death wish. Is that so wrong??

So with that said - I am going to write about 6 weird things about me but I'm only going to tag greggoconnell.com because 1) He's my real life friend and 2) he LOVES talking about himself. And I'm sure he would actually rather be tagged by a guy - but he will have to settle with me - even though it's not as gay. Sorry buddy!!

1) I might have a slight split personality. Not diagnosed - unless you consider astrological signs a medical practice... Now I'm not really into that shit but when someone asks your birthday and they say, "oh no - you're a Gemini. That explains a lot," you start to analyze how maybe you might, just might, be leading a double life. It's mostly with work and not work. I'm EXTREMELY quite at work. Some days I won't really talk to anyone, but as soon as I get out I'm a crazy, hyper, yelling obscenities in my car girl. I don't know what it is but I often get, "You act different outside of work, huh?" just by someone looking at a picture. What can I say - I'm the spice of life, baby!!!!

2) Recently my car was really dirty and someone wrote, "FAG MOBILE" on my side windows and I thought it was the funniest thing ever and I told anyone and everyone I could. How fucking awesome!!! Thank god it doesn't rain here and I don't have money for a car wash because it stayed on for a freaking month!! Haha...

3) My favorite smell is cotton candy and I might have some kid perfume that I wear from time to time when I don't' care if some Mom who walks by me says, "do you smell cotton candy?" to her kids.

4) My friends think I'm crazy, but I don't want kids. I don't really know why... I have some theories but I'm not going to get all psychological on you so I'll just leave it at: I've never wanted kids, never dreamed of having kids and don't want to be responsible for another human being. Done!!!!!

5) My hands and feet are always cold. I'm not kidding... It could be 80 degrees outside and my feet are ice cubes. It could be some circulation problem but I refuse to go to the doctor for such a retarded reason. So I run my little heater all year you mo-foe electric company!!

6) When I was in junior high I was a real geek. I'm not talking about the smart geek. Or the weird geek that was artsy. I'm talking about a girl who use to use a whole bottle of fucking moose in her bangs because she knew that the cool kids used it, even though it just came out looking like a Lego guys helmet hair with a really bad perm flowing from the plastic madness on top of her forehead. (run on sentences rock the casbah and get the point across nicely) Oh, and don't forget the coke-bottle glasses. Oh - and some acid-wash, black, high water jeans with an elastic waste, are also all the rage in the geek world. I would post a picture but I don't think I could ever live it down so you will just have to take my word. I was really geeky. Maybe that explains how come I'm so dorky now... Maybe I've just made a slight transition from geek to dork and dorks are considered cool now. Are they??? Is this just wishful thinking???

Oh well. Dorkiness must be some kind of disease that you never grow out of. All I know is that I just wrote a shit load of crap and crap is the new geeky. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! (haha... say that in geeky voice. I know you all have your own version of that voice.)

Love,
Smellin' sweet Erica

29 comments:

Gregg said...

ok so I'm kinda confused...how was I tagged and what am I supposed to do?

Gregg said...

you should tag Emily b/c she doesn't want me pearl necklace

russkal said...

I love cotton candies! Does that make me weird too?

Once we had to repair our garage so I parked my car a few blocks away from our house, and I was short for a car wash too so needless to say, my car looked like it passed by the Sahara for weeks. Then one day, taking my car to work, my colleagues laughed and pointed at my car's window where someone wrote "Have mercy, please clean me!" in bold letters.

Pretty embarassing yet hilarious.

You have a nice blog. Keep it up!

Erica Putis said...

Gregg: I was supposed to tag 6 people and those 6 people are supposed to write a blog entry on 6 weird things about them and then they are supposed to tag 6 other people to do the same thing... Get it?

Russkal: Thanks!! I'm glad you like my writing! Cotton candy indeed rules. I guess I just don't know many adults that would actually wear it as a purfume. :) We should start a new trend with dirty cars and writing on them!!!!

Steven Novak said...

That FAG mobile comment...holy shit...

That made me laugh out loud.

Steve~

Erica Putis said...

Steve: I would laugh everytime one of my friends was like, "what does that say?" And I'd get so excited to tell them!! I'm thinking about writing it on my car myself. That might be weird though...

Joy said...

COtton Candy rules! What are those fragnrances they also have at sephora? Demeter or something... M always spritzes on chocolate chip something. I wonder if they have cotton candy. God, that's the best smell ever.

I thought in that latter paragraph you wrote that you were a Greek.

Okay, I'm ready to go to sleep and it's only 730ish. Wah.

Erica Putis said...

Joy: Hi!! Yeah - I love that smell. Didn't Jessica Simpson have some candy perfumes?? Haha... But I bought mine way before she was even on TV.

Being Greek would be cool too. :)

Gregg said...

lucky! joy stopped commenting on my site once I got all famous!

Erica Putis said...

Gregg: You don't need to pull out the queerbait card. Keep it hidden like your sexuality.

QofD said...

I'm with that Novak feller on the Fag Mobile thing. How funny is that? Do you ever wonder why someone did that? Like maybe somebody thought your car was someone else's or perhaps they are psychologically stunted and wanted to tell you they had a crush on you but choked and wrote "Fag Mobile" instead?

Alright. I'll shut up now.

Erica Putis said...

QofD: No - I don't know anyone around here because I just moved to the area, so I'm sure they didn't know it was my car which I think makes it even more funny. Someone going around and writing fag mobile on every dirty car they see. Haha... Really - I fucking love it.

Gregg said...

there's too many guys on this comment section...guys if you wanna be entertained by someone sexy head over to howtokillpeople.com

:P

QofD said...

When I saw the website whore Gregg was whoring out for the website whore Travis, my brian turned in on and ate itself.

Erica Putis said...

Gregg: I'm surprized you didn't tell them to go to your website.

QofD: The forces are coming together and it is quite scary. Let's just hope they never rule the internet world because that might be like Armageddon.

Travis said...

I feel honored, Gregg was whoring for me...

Oh god, does this mean we're dating now?

Erica Putis said...

Travis: Possibly... I've never ever heard him tell people to go to another persons website. (unless he gets something out of it) If you aren't dating, he might just have a really huge man crush on you. Either way - I'll support you're relationship. :)

QofD said...

...and Travis, I will lobby for yours and Gregg's right to marry.

Travis said...

Erica and QofD.

bite me

Erica Putis said...

Travis: You mean that in the nicest way possible, right? Because I'm a lover - not a hater.

QofD said...

Oh please, you know I charge extra for that. You cannot afford my biting.

Gregg said...

i'm whoring travis's website b/c we need more male on male support. so that we can take over the net

QofD said...

There is no way that men will take over the net. Especially the blogging thing, because blogging? It's like an electronic extension of talking and we sooo have you guys out-gunned.

So whore if you must but forget about taking over the net because, like, we women have the whole yammering-until-your-brain-is-pudding-thing down pat.

Erica Putis said...

QofD: Hells yeah! You tell the man whore who really runs the internet. The gift of gab is a stong power to behold. :)

James Burnett said...

Hmmm. That cold hands thing sounds like a scary-assed medical condition. I think it might be time to put the space heater away and get to the clinic.

Get that checked out!

And I could see the cotton candy thing. It's sweet, but not harsh, sort of a soothing smell.

Dan said...

Hon, I also love the smell of cotton candy. What is it about it? Amazing!

I feel the same about memes as you. I was tagged for the same meme at the same time by two different people (this very one that you just did here). And today someone tagged me for the same one again! Luckily I don't have to re-do it.

When I did the frigging thing, I turned it into a contest. If you're interested, it's the one on my blog with the photo of the orangutans!

Another great post from you my friend!

Erica Putis said...

James: Haha... Never!! I'm not afraid of the doctor but it just seem pretty non-life threatining so I'll just keep warming my toes with my heater...:)

Dan: I actually read your entry and I thought it was great and was like, "I don't need to pass this on to anyone - no one will care if I don't." So, I really have you to thank for making my life a little easier so I don't have to struggle to find internet friends....Haha...

punky said...

I never get tagged for anything...bloggers hate me =(

Erica Putis said...

Punky: Awh... I would have totally tagged you if I knew you wanted to be!!! Can I tag you now? I just don't like to force people to do stuff... Maybe in my next entry I'll tag you as a side note.. :)