Friday, November 03, 2006

Who's got the power now?


When I was in kindergarten and first grade I had this best friend that I would go everywhere with. We would get on the bus in the morning, head straight to the back (because the bumps were so fun) and would proceed to talk and move like robots. Yup - the whole ride. It was just what we did - no questions asked. I'm pretty sure we used to try to get other people to do it because we thought we were so cool. Then we would go to class and do class work (not exactly sure what that is when you are in kindergarten - but whatever). Recess would come and it was then our time to show our womanly powers of chasing this boy we both had a crush on, around the playground for half an hour, trying to kiss him. Well, for some reason he always seemed to out run us. One day we decided enough was enough and we were going to give him some tough love. We got on the bus to go home but instead of our normal robot ways we caught him off guard by completely cornering him in the back of the bus and kissing him. At the same time. With everyone watching. With him screaming. I kissed him on the cheek and she on the hand. It caused quite a stir... At least in our minds. We had finally won!!! The battle was over!!

So where the hell did that ballsy girl go in me?? Now I barely even speak to people at work and only show my dorkyness to my close friends and my dog (by the way - my dog gets a real kick out of my robot voice). And of course when filling my bloodstream with alcohol... Why is it when you get older you become more shy??? I though the older you get the more you come into yourself and the more outgoing you become? Maybe I'm just more odd than I thought. Which would be pretty hard to beat.

So I think tonight if I go out, I will put my best robot voice on and force a guy to kiss me. No?? This doesn't sound like a good idea?? Haha... Ok. I'll just drink and keep the robot voices in my head.

Take care all my little RTD2's,
Erica

4 comments:

Gregg O'Connell said...

Erica you're a spirited young woman with a pledge that yearns deep from the heart of the beast. Keeping in the fire breeds a determination only sometime found in heroes. You Erica are my hero.

in my best robot voice
"Welcome to San Diego E-Pu"

gso

Erica Putis said...

Did you get that from the new Heroes show on TV? If not - that's very impressive.

Gregg O'Connell said...

I made it up. It took me all day but it was worth it to hear that compliment from you.

thx best wishes
Zicam!

Erica Putis said...

What's Zicam? Dude - Heroes was on tonight and it was... da bomb!