Monday, November 20, 2006

Wheelie Cool!!!!


So, I was coming home from my friends house the other night and I'm pretty sure I wasn't imagining this thing I saw... It was late and I did have a couple of beers but I'm sure it wasn't in my head.

Keep in mind I live in the middle of a city. I was about to cross the street when two young guys came riding by on bicycles. No big deal right? Wrong. One was on a regular bike but the other one was on a circus bike. You know what I mean? Like, a real life, tall, weird looking bike with big wheels. I shit you not. I was so surprised and confused I almost tripped and fell on my ass.

Who owns those things? Where would you store it? How do you even get on it? The seat must be like 8 feet high. How do you learn to ride one of those things? Maybe growing up his dad was like, "Son it's time for you to learn how to ride a bike." But he was all, "But Dad regular bikes are BOOORING...." So his Dad when out and got the most different bike he could find. It just happened to be one that Carnies learn on and that if you fell off of you might die. But I guess to each their own...

As for me I think I'll just stick to a regular bike or even better my boring little car because who wants to look like they come from the circus?

La, La, Later,

Want-be Carney (Erica-the-outrageous) - that would be my stage name obviously because I'm crazy cool... Haha...

9 comments:

Gregg said...

you've been watching WAY too much Star Trek dude!

QofD said...

You probably have to mount the thing using a trampoline, and I think it would be great to ride around town on one of those. Especially right around last call... replace those pink elephants with bicycles!

Erica Putis said...

Gregg: I haven't been affected that much by the ever-so-worldy Star Trek. They should make a Star Trek about how everyone on this new planet they found rides around on those bikes and are planning to take over Earth. Haha...

QofD: Maybe that's why they were riding around... For the attention. If that's the case - that's pretty freakin' funny.

Dirk_Star said...

Funny site! You have a good sense of humor.

Erica Putis said...

dirk_star: Thanks! I'm not sure riding circus bikes can't be funny... Haha...

tony said...

Wheelie Cool...great name for this post. You are a hoot!

Erica Putis said...

Tony: Thanks! I once won a cooler that had wheels on it and it was called "wheelie cool" and I thought it was the most funny thing ever. Haha... So I didn't exactly make it up but I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway!

James Burnett said...

The dude with that bike, was he wearing a handlebar mustache and tights with only one shoulder strap?

Erica Putis said...

James: Yes!! He was!! Do you know him? Do you think you could get him to give me lessons? :)