Sunday, November 12, 2006

V for Visitors


Now, I'm not a Treky or anything but since I've moved and I have basic cable only, I may have started watching Star Trek. I know. It's totally lame but the stories are actually quite entertaining and Captain Kirk always ends up kissing some random woman on the show. And as creepy as it may sound... Captain Kirk was kinda hot back in the day. But I defiantly do not have him as my wallpaper or screensaver (he's no Zack). And do you know what episode is on right now??? It just happens to be the only episode I remember since my childhood, where these cute fuzzy creatures take over the ship. Nice.......... Well, actually not so nice. When I was really young for some reason my parents thought it was totally fine for me to watch (all together as a family) kinda scary shows. Star Trek is not all that scary but does anyone remember the show V??? Am I dating myself?? All I remember is that they were aliens and ate rats... Haha... I was so terrified everytime I watch that show but that was family time. I couldn't miss out on family time. Shit. -(said with a gangsta accent) Homeade popcorn, actually popped in a frying pan with oil and tons of butter, the lights out and everyone into it except me. Well, I might have been into it but more because I thought I might be eaten alive by human-looking-aliens who found a mouse in my room and wasn't full so why not eat Erica??

So, where am I going with this you ask?? I think I was traumatized. Haha... I love taking myself seriously. NO - seriously... I can't watch scary movies now. I'm not joking. One time I almost started crying because my ex-boyfriend and I were outside the theater and I was too scared to see a scary movie. What a fucking looser, huh?? I'm a total wussy and I don't deny it. But just to let you know, I'm pretty tough too... I went to see the movie. Aren't you proud???

So I guess I'm just putting a warning out to all parents: Do Not let your children watch the old show V because it will make them scared of everything or maybe it will just make them think that it's ok to eat rats.

Love,
Tough Erica

9 comments:

Gregg O'Connell said...

getting through a scary movie is all about breathing. Breathe in slowly and deepy through your nose and blow it out of your mouth slowly...

done i gave you advice!

Erica Putis said...

Again... What would I do without your wisdomly advice??

QofD said...

I remember V and it scared the shit out of me too. Of course, the tin man from the Wizard of Oz scared me too.

Gregg O'Connell said...

is that a word "wisdomly"
haha

dude "and then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on...and then you cast your fears aside..."

Erica Putis said...

Gregg: I wrote the dictionary so yes- wisdomly is a word.

QofD: It's nice to know I'm not the only one scard of aliens... haha...

Travis said...

Somewhere, in the mighty collection of VHS tapes that my mom recorded shows on...you know, in the time before tivo...I have the series finale for V

Erica Putis said...

Travis: My mom had an extensive VHS collection too. Sadly she still uses them... Haha...

Seismic_Pirate said...

Damn, I was just going to lurk, but I'm always compelled to comment on Star Trek.

The fuzzy little guys are tribbles, the episode was The Trouble With Tribbles, and they were nice, except they hate Klingons.

The picture of JTK was hillarious and I am not a geek. Really. I swear.

Erica Putis said...

Seismic: Triblets!!! Yeah- I forgot their name and I wasn't watching as closely as I should have been. (All trekies are shaking their heads in shame) - I know.