Thursday, November 30, 2006

Savior in a Stick


I think I've found my new Savior. The one who make me feel happy and alive. The one who give meaning to my life.... That's right - It's the one and only Juicy Fruit Gum.

Have we all forgotten about this wondrous elixir? The sweet smelling, love me like a lover, gum? Well, I rediscovered it recently when I need cash back at a store and was bored of my Dentine Ice gum. I spotted the yellow wrapper and got a strange flash back to 4th grade where we would stand in single file line in the hallway completely silent while the "mean" teacher yelled at the top of her lungs, "SOMEONES CHEWING GUM!!!" How did she know? "I HAVE A TRAINED NOSE AND I CAN SMELL JUICY FRUIT GUM A MILE AWAY!!!" Oh. OK. I had a half of stick of it in my pocket but I was sure she couldn't smell it... Right? You can only smell it if you are chewing it... Right??

Well, it turns out - No. You can really smell it a mile away. So after my little retreat into childhood elementary hell, I bought the non-sugar-free gum(oh my god... Don't tell anyone - I won't be cool if I don't chew sugar-free gum) . And you know what? It's fucking awesome!!!! I have been leaving it in my car and not only does it serve as a yummy chewy treat, it has become a wondrous car air freshener! Who would of thought? Every time I get into my car I'm like, "It smells so good in here!! Ooooooo!!! I can eat this smell!!!"

Yes, I get excited over small things. Yes, I'm writing an entire entry on gum, and yes - I'm in love with Juicy Fruit gum all over again like a little hyper 4th grader who is trying not to breath out to much so that her teacher won't send her to the principles for chewing fruity goodness.

So, I guess I just wanted to remind some special people (aka: you) that Juicy Fruit is still on the market and it is indeed still da bomb.

Gum-snapin'-juicy-lovin'-fruity-Erica

16 comments:

Gregg O'Connell said...

dude they have "Juice Fruit" in sugar free now or no?

I like Stride gum the best right now. It lasts long and makes my mouth feel like a tornado os minty freshness

Erica Putis said...

Really? I'm all over that. Haha... Yeah, yeah - Jessica Alba love it and if I chew it I will look like her.

Steven Novak said...

DUDE!

I LOVE JUICY FRUIT!

In fact...no shit...I just bought myself a pack the other day...

*cue twilight zone music* ;)

Steve~

Erica Putis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica Putis said...

Steve: I'm all about Juicy Fruit brain waves across the nation. :)

Anonymous said...

man, last time i checked this site it was all about the drunken rambles. i guess with old age comes greater responsibilities to a younger audience.

juicy fruit reminds me of my high school gym locker room. every time i chew it i feel sweaty.

orbit all the way.

Dave

Erica Putis said...

Dave: I still do my drunk rambles but my writing had to grow up a little bit. Haha... I'll send you some Juicy Fruit for Christmas. Done!!!

James Burnett said...

I almost had to go into therapy as a child 'cause I could never successfully blow a bubble w/my juicy fruit.

QofD said...

It's great to get excited over the samll things. Keeps us happy, right?

Erica Putis said...

James: I didn't learn how to blow bubbles untill I was about 14... haha... I feel your pain.

QofD: I love small things!!! Mini M&M's??? Sooooo awesome. :)

emma said...

I love Juicy Fruit too. Nothing compares, and it always gives me a nostalgic burst of childhood happiness.

Erica Putis said...

Emma: I know it is indeed a childhood necessity. I wonder what kid's now a days will remember?

Haden Powell said...

are you sure you just wouldn prefer a picture of me nob? its just that i got burgled recently an all me money got nicked so thats all ive got

Erica Putis said...

Haden: A nob over Juciy Fruit? Is that what you are asking? Humm... Don't think so... Sorry. I need my sugar - meaning gum.

Dan said...

I'm working my way backwards through your stuff. I LOVE it! Your writing is very witty and engaging.

Thanks for linking to me, by the way. Already one of your friends told me he found my blog through you. ;) I hope my link works for you.

Erica Putis said...

Dan: Thanks!! That's cool you like my writing.. But don't read too far back.. I've had this blog for over 2 years and I just started really writing in it... The old shit is pretty boring. :)