Monday, November 27, 2006

Excited Weirdo on the Loose!!


You know when you are out with friends and everyone is laughing and often at things you throw into to mix? You feel like the world is you clam (or oyster if you have to be boring) and you are sooooo "on". Well, I've been informed that sometimes... actually often when I think I'm "on" and oh-so-witty, I'm actually just being extremely weird. Awesome!!! At first I was like, "oh shit - who exactly was I around when I was "on/being slightly crazy"? Then I came to the conclusion that weird is the new cool. I know you guys know what I'm talking about. A-huh, A-huh (in Elvis voice) So you (or I) start rambling about how I'm totally going to bring back the saying "da bomb" and maybe "totally tubular" and maybe getting a little bit too excited about it and all of a sudden I'm not "on" - I'm just being fucking weird. Haha... I fucking love it.

I have always brought out the weird in my friends. I may have had more than one friend say that we share a brain and do the same dorky weird things like we are connected or something. But when it happened with more than one friend I started to see a pattern (keep in mind, this was years ago, that we said this - not last year - or last Tues.......) Maybe my childhood friends were blaming their weirdness on me. Maybe they really weren't that weird but I made them strange??? Is that possible? Is it possible that I'm so crazy cool that I influence my friends so much to start acting in strange and unusual ways?

Well, then - I guess I would have to take that as a compliment. Is there any other way to take it? Hell no!!! Weird = new cool. That's how I'm dealin' the cards and I'm fuckin' winning!!

God - I'm such a dork... (I can't believe I made a card reference and the only game I know is Slap Jack - preferably the drinking version).

To all my lovely weirdos out there,
Weirdo - miss - Erica

14 comments:

Gregg O'Connell said...

what makes you weird is that fact that you met me!

I changed your life for the better and weirder.

just say thanks below this comment of mine..that will suffice!

gso

Erica Putis said...

Gregg: No, no... I was weird way back in the day when you were a mere little lad. You are just fishing for compliments...

Gregg O'Connell said...

i made weird cool! you made weird weird!

Erica Putis said...

Word to the weird!

Steven Novak said...

Erica....I'm a fellow weirdo...and I'm gonna be honest with you....

Weird is cool.

Weird is cool.

Weird is cool.

Weird is cool.

If we keep telling ourselves that maybe it'll make it true. ;)

Steve~

Erica Putis said...

Steve: I say that over and over while I fall asleep everynight and I think it's working. Everyday I wake up feeling a little bit more cool. I should give seminars about it because I'm so knowledgeable. :)

QofD said...

Erica, can we be friends so you can rub off on me? I would much rather be described as "weird" than "creepy".

Erica Putis said...

QofD: Yeah!!! You want to be friends with me? I don't have many friends.... Maybe it's because I'm more creepy than weird... Hummmmm... :)

QofD said...

No, I can tell by your photo that you are more weird than creepy. If you were creepy you would have clown makeup on.

Whoa. Did I just say that with my outside voice?

Erica Putis said...

QofD: Hahahaha... Outside voice... Haha.. I pictured you saying that really loud and yes it was weird. But not so creepy. :)

Anonymous said...

HEY ERICA
ONE THING YOU USED TO DO IN COLLEGE THAT RUBBED OFF ON ME IS "THE BIG BURST OF LOVE" REMEMBER WHEN YOU WOULD JUST RANDOMLY HUG ME AND SAY IT WAS "A BIG BURST OF LOVE" I'VE BEEN DOING THAT TO KRISSY FOR YEARS AND SHE THINKS ITS A GREAT AND "COOL" THING TO DO AND SAY TO SOMEONE. YOUR WEIRDNESS CAN LEAD TO TREND SETTING!
MATT

Erica Putis said...

Hey Matt! Yeah - Sadly I rarely do that anymore... :( But when it does happen it happens in full force and too often after a couple of beers. :)

Dan said...

I wanted to wish my blogger pal a Happy New Year but I couldn't find a suitable post in which to do that. So I picked one that I haven't yet commented on.

Happy New Year Erica! Lots of love. Hugs and kisses!

Erica AP said...

Dan: Happy New Years too! You may very well be my biggest fan if you are reading back this far!! (which isn't saying much since I only have about 5 readers... haha) Good luck in the new year!