Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Close to Greatness


What the hell is up with people interfering with my personal space? Now this has happen to me every single time I go here. On my lunch break I'll once and a while walk down to the bay where they have all these touristy ships lined up. One even looks like the Goonies ship, which is pretty freakin' cool but that's not why I'm writing. I sit and eat my lunch on a bench overlooking the water which is quite beautiful but then some jackass comes walking by and I have to move my legs so that they don't bump into me. WTF?? There is about 15 feet of boardwalk for them to walk on and it's empty so why the fuck do they need to walk so god damn close to me?? There was girl jogging today and I swear if I didn't move my foot she would have tripped over it. It's not like I'm over reacting or anything... It happened about 4 times in the 15 mins I was there. How hard would it be for them to move over one or two steps? Do they just want to be near me because I'm such a freakin' rockstar and they want to touch the mere being that is EricaAP? Or do you think they can sense that I'll move because I'm passive? Or maybe the tourists are just so busy looking at the ships that they aren't even looking where they are walking? But that doesn't explain all the dumbasses who are just on their lunch break trying to do a powerwalk to work off all that Halloween candy they ate of their kids... Does anyone else think this is a bit odd?

Maybe I'm just a bit bitter today. Actually I'm feeling quite empowered now that I've come to the conclusion that they just want to be in the presents of true rockstar wannabe who may be trying to walk that entire bag of M&M's she bought at Target for $.52 the day after Halloween. Haha...

That's the ticket,

EricaAP (no I'm not smart like AP classes and no I don't work for the associated press)

5 comments:

Gregg O'Connell said...

wahwah we wah!
you love being controversal! you starting to sound like this dude greggoconnell.com except not has tough!

dude move ur foot quick then put it back so they trip on it :)

Erica Putis said...

I'm tough... I don't know what you're talking about.

I can't trip them because then they will fall right in front of me and that might be a little uncomfortable considering I just tripped them. Haha...

steve lamontagne said...

u like watching joggers

QofD said...

You know, I like the rockstar theory. I would go with that if I were you, maybe even make up a song to play in your head when this happens just to remind yourself of your "rockstarness."

Erica Putis said...

Steve - I do like watching joggers... How did you know?

QofD - Haha - this theory is much better than realizing that people can walk all over me... My new song will be called, "Boardwalk joggers nightmare", because in my song of course I'll be tripping them. :)