Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Overwhelming music

Do you ever get the feeling that you are leading a life that is supposed to be different from what you should be leading? Does that make sense?

This has been happening a lot to me lately. I'm not talking about someone who is leading a double life, or someone who wishes they were doing something else. I talking about this strange feeling I get often when I'm relaxed and thinking about music. It's completely overwhelming and it evokes such emotion in me that I often have to think about something completely different to make myself not get choked up. And it's not like I want to cry because I'm sad... It's more like because I get so excited. Maybe it's like a little day dream or something, and when I start feeling like this I start to really take a look at the life I'm leading and if it's the right choice for me. If thinking about being a real, fulltime, money making musician strikes such a cord in me, then why aren't I doing it? I mean really doing it. Not just doing it half assed. I mean the whole nine yards it takes to make money in that business. Writing, recording, playing out, promotion... It's really a lot of work. Maybe that's why I'm not doing it. Granted I would love to not work in an office 40 hours a week but at least the pay check is easy. And I'm still doing music but not full time. That also is because you have to have money to make money.

Maybe I'm getting these feeling more often because I'm getting closer to my destiny. Destiny is such a queer word. It's almost like the word "Soul". Yuck. But what if everything I'm doing is leading me to this feeling that just keeps getting stronger and stronger until I'm actually doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I feel like I'm talking out of my ass. Am I? Does anyone else ever feel like this?

These are like "what are we doing here?" questions... Which is not really something I can wrap my head around completely. Like, "are we each put here for a specific reason?", and "are our lives already planned out for us?" Damn, I'm so profound it hurts... Haha...

Maybe I just needed a good rambling today. Maybe next time I get that feeling I'll try to hold on to it instead of turning it off. What I should really turn off is my incoherent ramblings. Done!!!!!!! I'm doing it!!!!!!

Later gator,
Erica

13 comments:

Gregg O'Connell said...

WATER IS THE ESSENCE OF LIFE.

REMEMBER THAT!

WITHOUT WATER MAN CANNOT LIVE!

you live once so do what you want...you'll regret it later in life if you don't! ill watch your dog while you are on tour if its cool with Emily.. :P

Erica Putis said...

What would I do without your words of wisdom and dogsitting ablities??

newfieswoman ( nw ) said...

An whats wrong with incoherient ( prolly spelled wrong but oh well ) ramblings??? That's the idea of a blog.. Get all the garbage outta yer head an hopefully ya can give someone a good laugh at the same time....

Nice blog by the way

newfieswoman ( nw ) said...

oops...forgot something...maybe ya could put them rambling thoughts to music??? just a thought

Erica Putis said...

Hi newfieswoman! Thanks for reading! I always have to use spell check or everyother word would be spelled wrong... Haha... And I definatly do ramble in my songs... But they sound on purpose in music... On a blog it just sounds like rambling. But that's cool that you like my random thoughts. :)

Gregg O'Connell said...

i like myself. does that count as rambling?!?!?

Erica Putis said...

No - that counts as being an ego maniac. Sorry.

Travis said...

Do you have anything recorded? Past or present?

Erica Putis said...

Hey Travis, Yeah, I'm working on some solo stuff right now if you want to listen to it: myspace.com/ericaap

And I have been in couple of bands (one of which with Gregg O'Connell) and we recorded a couple of albums... I think the myspace for that is still up although we don't really check it anymore: myspace.com/thepredicates

By the way, I love your websites and your writing style... Very funny. And of course your mad photoshop skills. :)

Travis said...

I'm glad you like the sites. I'm checking out the music right now.

And if you're mocking my skills I will have my people in San Diego come after you...I have peeps you know

Erica Putis said...

Haha... No actually I think it's pretty funny what you do... I get so frustrated with photoshop. I only wish I could add genitalia to photos like you do.

Peeps, huh?

Travis said...

a veritable army I tell you.

And that's not phtoshop honey, that's MS PAINT SKILLS

Erica Putis said...

That's awesome!! I love paint because it's so easy... I'm going to try to "enhance" some photos with paint now. Thanks for the tip.