Thursday, September 07, 2006

Blogging Overload


I think I've noticed how the world has come to a blogging overload. My friend Gregg has now given up playing music to pursue his career of writing in his blog and having people hang on every one of his words. Up. It's like a freakin' full time job. He has flame wars (not a gay thing) and has these strange friendships with other people who blog.

Personally, I'm not a daily blogger nor do I think I have very much to say. I guess I could write more often, but seriously, who the hell cares what I write. I'm realizing the people who write and make their blog their life are people who are searching for a little stardom. I don't blame them. I'm searching for it too, but through music and design. I often think the same of the karaoke diehards. It's their time to shine even though it's not their song and they are just singing with a cheesy recording. Don't get me wrong - I love karaoke once and a while but I'd much rather write my own stuff.

Anyways, back to the world of blogging. Probably about 2 years ago - I didn't even know what it was. Now -look at me- I have my own. But I've recently figured out that I am an extremely guarded person and don't like to let any one inside my head unless I know them. I always knew I could be quiet sometimes but it's come into my full attention since I've moved to a single apartment where it's just my puppy and I. Now it seems I'm turning to these entertaining blogs so I can almost live vicariously through them. Weird - I know. And pretty sad... Haha... Who loves calling themselves a looser???? It's me - It's me!!

Well, I guess I don't really have a point. haha.... I guess I'm just commenting on how many god damn blogs there are out there. Everyone and their sister's mother's best friend's dog have a frigin' blog. People will link their websites to death - everywhere they go. (you know who you are...) But if I had to pick a couple to tell people to go to it would be:

greggoconnell.com (he's really funny and a bit extreme)
pinkbeltrage.com (she is a fantastic writer and keeps you engaged)
rockstarmommy.com (she is pretty funny and is just a normal girl writing about girl stuff not giving a shit about what people think)

So - have fun reading and until next time my lovely readers... All 2 of you... I mean it. I love you man... and it's not just the wine talking...

Erica

25 comments:

Gregg O'Connell said...

you were so totally wasted when you wrote this.

Just be like Stowie and growl of people get to close to you. that seems to work for him

Erica Putis said...

Dude - I just re-read it and I don't sound drunk at all... You are just jealous that I'm such a great blog writer.

Yes - Stowie is the only one I look to for advice...

Anonymous said...

HI ERICA!!!
I THINK BLOGS ARE COOL. ESPECIALLY WHEN SOMEONE FROM YOUR PAST FINDS YOU AND SEES THAT YOU ARE HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL. KEEP WRITING. I'LL BE CHECKING FOR NEW STUFF. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST. TAKE CARE.
MATT
(from Dean)

Erica Putis said...

Matt Litchfield??? Wow! How are you? You should give me you email address so we can catch up... I hope you are well and I hope to hear from you again soon. :)

Anonymous said...

HOW DO I GIVE IT YOU WITHOUT IT BEING ON THIS PAGE?

Erica Putis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'LL EMAIL YOU WHEN I GET HOME TONIGHT. DON'T YOU MISS SNOW? AND BEING ABLE TO SEE YOUR BREATH? AND NOT BEING ABLE TO TOUCH YOUR STEERING WHEEL BECAUSE ITS TOO COLD? 70 DEGREES, PALM TREES, BEACHES, SUNSETS, WARM SUN AND RICH BLUE SKIES. SOUNDS HORRIBLE OVAH THEAH

Erica Putis said...

Haha... You're right. I am living in a hellish environment. You should visit and just see how horrible it is. Sandals all year round suck, as do the flowers that bloom all year. Damn San Diego. Are you still living in MA?

Anonymous said...

YEAH, KRISSY AND I BOUGHT A HOUSE IN WHITMAN. ABOUT 8 MILES SOUTH OF WEYMOUTH. 20 MILES SOUTH OF BOSTON. IS IT COOL TO JUST CHAT ON THIS SITE? I'M HAVING A PRETTY SLOW DAY!

Erica Putis said...

Wow - that's so cool. Do you have any kids? What are you doing for work?

Anonymous said...

I'M STILL IN THE CAR BUSINESS. NO KIDS YET. MARRIED A LITTLE OVER A YEAR. I MOVED FROM HONDA TO KIA TO BE THE SERVICE MANAGER. ITS BEEN ABOUT A MONTH. STILL DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS THE RIGHT MOVE.

Erica Putis said...

That's cool. I remember you being a car salesman. Do you keep in touch with Keith at all?

Anonymous said...

YEAH, HE WAS OVER FOR DINNER WITH SARA A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. HE TOLD ME ABOUT THE PREDICATES AND SAID YOU WERE "DOIN YOUR THING" OU IN SD

Erica Putis said...

That's cool... I talk to him once and a great while. Yeah - I wanted to do my own music to see if I could do it and it's coming out pretty good. If you want to check it out you can go here: ericaap.com

It's just linked to my myspace page but you can listen to some stuff there. Are you doing music or acting at all?

Anonymous said...

UNFORTUNATELY NO. I DO PLAY MY ACCOUSTIC WHEN I GET HOME AT NIGHT SOMETIMES. I'LL CHECK OUT YOUR SONGS. DO YOU HAVE A CD OR ANY DOWNLOADS AVAILABLE?

Anonymous said...

IT SOUND GREAT!!!!!!!!

Erica Putis said...

Thanks for checking it out! No - I'm in the process of recording my album and only have 3 songs done so far... And I can't put them up for downloading because I haven't copyrighted them yet. But if you email me I can send them to you if you really want them...

Anonymous said...

DEFINITELY.. YOU SOUND GREAT. YOU ARE HARMONIZING WITH YOURSELF AREN'T YOU? BOTH VOICES ARE SO PURE ITS GOTTA BE YOU. I SEE MIKE TARARA AND KEITH ARE ON YOUR SITE. THAT'S COOL. THEY'VE BOTH BEEN OUT TO SEE YOU?

Erica Putis said...

Aww.. Thanks. I'll send them to you - just remind me. Yeah - actually I'm playing everything on the recording except for the drum track. I'm pretty impressed with myself that I could pull it off.. Haha...

I have seen Mike 2 times since I moved here about 2 years ago, and I saw Keith once but it was in MA for my friends wedding I was in. Keith has a friend out here but hasn't made a trip out recently. I have to call him because he always looses his phone and my number.. Haha...

Have you kept in touch with anyone from college?

Anonymous said...

IVE SEEN TOM A LOT. I HUNG OUT WITH HIM LAST IN AUGUST. I LOST TOUCH WITH RAE AROUND 2000. I HEARD SHE IS A STRIPPER NOW! MIKE WASN'T INTERESTED IN KEEPING IN TOUCH. I BUMP INTO RANDOM PEOPLE FROM DEAN ALL THE TIME IN BARS AND STUFF. WE'LL HAVE A DRINK OR TWO BUT THAT'S ABOUT IT. HAVENT SEEN MICHELLE SINCE MATT AND JEN'S WEDDING. NOTHING FROM FRED OR MARCIA. I WONDER HOW THEY'RE DOING SOMETIMES. HOW ABOUT YOU? NEWS ON ANYONE ELSE I KNOW. I DID SEE AT THIS SITE YOUR STILL FRIENDS WITH MEGAN. THATS COOL.

Erica Putis said...

That's cool - I talk to Tom once and a while on myspace. Michelle and I drifted apart but she also found me on myspace and we've started talking a bit. Yeah - I heard Rae was a stripper now.. Haha... Crazy. I haven't heard anything from Fred except many years ago he tried calling Keith and I to get some of his shit back and because he wanted to reconnect because he was in a 12 step program, but I think he just really wanted his shit back... Hummm. I haven't really talked to Marcia but I know she is doing well through Mike. She is in a cover band, I think it's called, Girl Gone Bad - they are on myspace too and they have a website that she looks great on... and Mike is good too, and I know he didn't want to talk to you but I have no idea why so I just leave it at that. He's still living in Millis but is really happy with his girlfriend. And I'm definatly still friends with Megan although we don't talk as much as I'd like because of the time difference and I'm working a ton. How is Matt and Jen? Do you still keep in touch with them?

Anonymous said...

MATT AND JEN ARE GREAT. THEY HAVE TWO BOYS, PATRICK 5 AND CONOR 1. THEY LIVE IN BROCKTON. WE HANG OUT ALL THE TIME. PRACTICALLY EVERY WEEKEND. WE'VE STAYED CLOSE, IF NOT GROWN CLOSER TO THEM OVER THE YEARS.

Erica Putis said...

That's awesome. Tell them I said hi and give them my email if they want to get in touch with me. Is Krissy still dancing? It sounds like you and everyone is doing great. That's wonderful... I'm happy for you & Krissy and Jen & Matt. Please keep in touch and email me sometime and I'll send you my songs...

Anonymous said...

KRISSY IS DANCING AND TEACHING EVERY NIGHT TOO. SHE DOES ABOUT 4 OR 5 PERFORMANCES A YEAR. SHE HAS A TON OF STUDENTS. SHE WORKS FULL TIME IN BOSTON ALL DAY THEN TEACHES TIL 10:00 ALMOST EVERY NIGHT. I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT. I'LL BE SURE TO GIVE MATT & JEN YOUR EMAIL. TALK TO YOU SOON.

Erica Putis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.