Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The sun is all powerful.

I just got back from a nice walk on my lunch break around downtown San Deigo. The warm weather and beauty that I noticed is just too overwhelming not to write about. Not to sound like too much of a hippy (although I did grow up in Vermont) it was truly relaxing and a beautiful and made me love life. The greenery and flowers and the sun... The sun in southern California is not like the sun in New England. When the sun is on you- you really feel it. It soaks into body and warms you instantly, even if it's chilly out. And when it's a clear out, the sky is so blue it blinds you. Who ever decided to make the sky blue was very smart. Blue is such a rich, happy color. It can make you feel so many things and can evoke so much emotion.

But I'm going off track here... I just wanted to express my love of San Diego's sun, beauty and warmth. All these things that make me very happy.

Forever a hippy,

Erica

11 comments:

Gregg O'Connell said...

sun kil moon for president

Erica Putis said...

But I like the moon too... I will soon write an entry about the glorious moon.

Anonymous said...

fake it as you will, i know you are bored with the 70 degree and sunny weather, and you're just longing for cold new england winters to make you feel alive again. you can just admit it.

Dave

Erica Putis said...

I guess your right. I'll move back next month...

Dave - you were always right.

Anonymous said...

we'll get a place together...we can argue about everything and call each other names. it will be like old times. the old glory is still out there for us to grab.

Dave

Erica Putis said...

Dave, you are so deep it's mind boggling... What would I do without your indie thoughts around??

Erica

Anonymous said...

here ya go ya HIPPIE have a listen

www.sjlproductions.net/hippie.wmv

Erica Putis said...

Steve - I always knew you were a hippy at heart like me...

Catherine said...

Youre a lucky gal- Hope you were barefoot, When I return we'll go together, watch the pelicans dive and drink mattresses'
Love & miss you Cathy

Erica Putis said...

I love mattresses!! Or Madres'... Miss you too!!

Erica

shawnalexander92266839 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com